Computer and Information Technology
|Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Why Carbon Black
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
Carbon Black’s Product Management team dedicates themselves to defining and delivering market-leading innovative products enabling businesses to be safe from modern cyber attacks, redefining the endpoint security market, leveraging agile best practices.
Why You Matter
The Product Manager is responsible for driving individual Initiatives from identification, through the analysis process and business portfolio kanban. As a product manager, your role will be to work with customers, the business and various stakeholders to identify, refine, prioritize and sequence strategic initiatives to maximize the success of the product. Strategic initiatives are high level efforts that help achieve goals and align roadmaps to product strategy. Every release will drive towards one or more initiatives. You will communicate to and collaborate with customers, product owners, business stakeholders and cross functional product launch teams.When initiatives are accepted for implementation, working with the development teams and product owners you will help initiate the development activities necessary to realize the business benefits of the initiative. Once initiatives are successfully launched in market, the product manager will have ongoing responsibilities for stewardship and follow-on.
What You’ll Do
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to define the initiative, its potential benefits, and establish the cost of delay; identify business sponsors and drive to go/no go decisions for initiatives.
- Establish business sponsors at the beginning of the initiative
- Work with development teams to size initiatives and provide input for economic prioritization.
- Define initiative success criteria.
- Shepherd the initiative through the portfolio kanban system, and create lightweight business cases.
- Work with agile teams that perform research spikes, create proof of concepts, mockups, etc.
- Participate in product increment planning, product increment steering, and system demos.
- Work with Product Owners, UX, Architects, and Product Leadership to split the initiative into features and prioritize them in the product backlogs
- Inject real-time clarification to user stories, supporting product owners and scrum teams
- Provide guidance to the release train on the initiative context of the target features.
- Take an active role in seeking and supporting customer feedback as a regular part of product development activities.
- Understand and report on progress of the initiative with key stakeholders
- Coordinate and synchronize initiative-related activities with functions in sales, marketing and other business units
- Own customer communication and feedback effort for initiatives and portions of their component features.
- Own the vision and strategy of the work without ownership over the teams that do the work
- Work on vision refinement
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of product management experience in enterprise SaaS software within an agile environment
- Experience in (endpoint) security
- Prior development experience is a big plus
- An uncanny ability to build relationships with customers and discern what’s critical to them
- A passion for, and experience with, agile software development
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- The ability to identify high leverage activities
- Passion about our products and the possibilities in the endpoint security market
- The ability to generate ideas for how our products can make our customers more successful
- Enjoyment for working in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and users
- Affable personable and a propensity for team
- Self-motivated, organized
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and technology
- Strong Leadership and communication skills
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.